Read also about
Oxford University was founded in 1096 in the United Kingdom, and it is the oldest university in the world to offer its curricula in English. Over the course of a century, it has achieved limitless scientific achievements in various fields of scientific research until it became one of the six best universities in the world, especially in the fields of study Medicine, engineering, natural and applied sciences, arts and humanities, and in this article we will introduce you to the most important aspects of the study system at Oxford University in Britain.
Studying at the University of Oxford, UK
The University of Oxford, Britain, has more than 18,000 students, studying in nearly 39 academic colleges in various disciplines in addition to 7 academic schools to obtain master’s and doctoral degrees, nearly 1,800 faculty members, more than 5,500 researchers and nearly 6,100 postgraduate students, to be Thus, the first competitor to Harvard University in the United States of America .
The University of Oxford, Britain, has a long list of graduates who have made great achievements in the fields of literature, art, science and medicine, and this is what makes it the first stronghold of the humanities, and the university is known to have a long-running competition with the University of Cambridge, where each university tries to outdo the other in research and scholarship and sports.
The study at Oxford University includes four main academic departments, from which a number of faculties are branched, and they are:
- Department of Humanities
- Division of Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences
- Department of Social Sciences
- Medical Sciences Division
For nearly a millennium, the University of Oxford has boasted an impressive alumni list, notably Lewis Carroll, author of the Alice series of books, Tolkien, author of The Lord of the Rings; and C.S. Lewis, author of “The Space Trilogy.”
47 alumni of the University of Oxford, Britain, have received the Nobel Prize, 12 graduate kings of a number of countries in the world, and 25 have held the position of British Prime Minister. Among the most famous graduates of the University of Oxford Britain are:
- Oscar Wilde, Irish poet and playwright.
- Indira Gandhi, India’s first president.
- Boris Johnson, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
- David Cameron, former British Prime Minister.
- Manmohan Singh, former Prime Minister of India.
The cost of studying at Oxford University, UK
The cost of studying at Oxford University UK for international students ranges from £27,840 to £39,010 which depending on your chosen study program includes tuition fees, cost of living, personal expenses and travel costs, and given that this amount may be huge for some students, Oxford University offers support Financially for approximately 70% of its students based on the level of income of the students’ families, in addition to 20% of the students receiving a full exemption from expenses.
It is worth noting that the University of Oxford provides support to its students in the form of scholarship money, on-campus jobs or student loans, and as a result, all Oxford students graduate without any debt.
The Oxford University application fee ranges from around £75 to £150 depending on the selected programme, but in general the annual expenses for studying at Oxford University are estimated at an approximate cost of £26,770 to £37,510 and the 9-month cost of living for overseas students ranges from £10,000 to £15,000. Depending on the level of comfort.
Study costs at Oxford University via distance
The cost of studying at Oxford University and all its departments is comparable to the cost of studying in many universities in the world such as the United States, Russia and the United Kingdom. The costs of studying at Oxford University . We will explain the costs of studying at Oxford University through : click here.
Deadline for applications to study at Oxford University, UK
The University of Oxford offers nearly 50 undergraduate programs and around 250 postgraduate courses through which prospective students apply to any of these colleges through the UCAS application process.
The deadline for applications to study at Oxford University for 2023-2022 is October 15, 2022, and the application and required papers can be submitted by November 10, Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed online and the final decision will be made in March 2023.
University of Oxford study requirements for international students
There are a number of conditions that must be met to study at Oxford University, Britain:
- Choose from the programs offered by the University of Oxford, and then put the college’s campus code on the UCAS application form.
- Submit a letter of up to 2000 words to convince the admissions committee that you are an ideal candidate, but be aware that writing such a letter requires superior writing skills, and in case of difficulty, you can use the letter-writing service that we provide through our website “Adars” under the supervision of a group of the best academic advisors.
- Submitting the student’s basic academic certificates and attesting them from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Submit School Grade Point Average (CGPA) You must also submit academic records of your previous education for entry to the University of Oxford, where you must have obtained an A in all of your subjects, and a minimum of 7+ CGPA out of 10.
- Submit a clear CV highlighting the most important academic certificates, your outside activities, your qualities, your leadership skills, and your academic achievements.
- Provide a certificate proving that you have passed the standardized tests (GRE / GMAT / SAT and IELTS / TOEFL), but the tests you need to take depend on the type of scientific disciplines for which you are applying.
- Pass the personal interview, if your entry papers are accepted you will be called for an interview and if you are an international student living away from the UK the interview will be conducted over the phone or online.
Study majors at the University of Oxford, UK
Regarding the courses of study available at the University of Oxford that international students can take:
- Medicine, the length of the study program is 4 years and it costs 35,380 euros.
- Mathematics Sciences, the duration of the study program is 3 years and costs 31,230 euros.
- Management Sciences, the duration of the study program is 3 years and costs 31,230 euros.
- Archeology and Anthropology, the duration of the course is 3 years and costs €28,370.
- Geography, a 3-year study program and a cost of €35,380.
- History, the duration of the study program is 3 years and costs €35,380.
- Law, the duration of the study program is 4 years and costs 28,370 euros.
- Oriental languages, the length of the study program is 4 years, at a cost of 31,230 euros.
University of Oxford Postgraduate Study Programs
Once you have decided to apply for postgraduate study at Oxford, you must submit an application form and all required supporting documents at least one week before the deadline for receiving applications for one of the following postgraduate programmes:
- MSc in Advanced Computer Science The course length is one year and costs € 28,297 .
- Master of Business Administration, one-year course at a cost of € 63,000 .
- Master in Political Science, the duration of the study program is 21 months and costs 29,160 euros.
- Master in Financial Economics, the length of the course is 9 months and costs 29,160 euros.
- Master of Engineering Sciences, the length of the study program is 3 years , and it costs 27,460 euros.
Scholarships at the University of Oxford, UK
Most of the Oxford University Scholarships are offered between late February and June for international students with different scholarships to study in the UK. These scholarships are worth around £8 million and successful candidates are usually notified by email. Among the most important Oxford scholarships offered to international students are:
- The Simon and June Li Undergraduate Scholarship is offered to students from Asian countries and the scholarship includes all course fees and living costs.
- Fully Funded Reach Oxford Scholarships This fully-funded scholarship is offered to students from low-income countries.
- Oxford-Weidenfeld and Hoffmann Scholarships This fully-funded scholarship is offered to students from low-income countries.
- The University of Oxford and Cambridge Scholarship (OCSI), which is offered to a limited number of students selected by the university administration, offers international students the opportunity to study at a cost of 4,680 euros per year.
Finally, after knowing everything related to studying at Oxford University in Britain, he chose from its various study programs available to international students to ensure that they enjoy an impressive career future, especially that Oxford University management has relationships with leading employers such as Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Deloitte, Cisco and Goldman Sachs International, HSBC and Huawei in addition to many other global companies, for example, the Sunday Times announced that the salary of computer scientists graduating from Oxford earns an average of £43,895 six months after their graduation, so we advise you to quickly prepare your papers to join that prestigious institution that will make you One of the most important future leaders, whatever your field of specialization.
To enter the official website of the university, click here.