Chef’s Table, the series broadcast on Netflix since September 7, follows the most famous American, Italian, and even Japanese pizza makers! A gourmet dive that makes you want to make homemade pizzas. That’s good. We found the dough recipe from Chris Bianco, crowned best pizza maker in the United States.
What makes a pizza suitable? asks a pizza maker from the first minutes of Chef’sTable, the culinary series from Netflix. Fresh ingredients meet Chris Bianco, who lives in Phoenix, Arizona. He is considered America’s best pizza maker. We discover him doing his shopping and explaining his journey. Two other episodes are devoted to American chefs (the series is the US!), two more to Italians, and the last is a Japanese chef! All this makes me very hungry, which is a good sign and encourages us to throw ourselves into a homemade pizza, especially if we have the recipe for the best pizza maker in the USA.
Pizza: the recipe of Chris Bianco, the most famous American pizza maker
- 500ml lukewarm water
- 7g dry yeast
- Two tablespoons of sugar
- 2.5 cl of olive oil
- Two teaspoons of acceptable salt
- 250g of flour
- Crumble the dry yeast above a bowl filled with 500 ml of lukewarm water and leave to rest for about 5 minutes.
- Add 185 g of flour and salt. Mix well to obtain a homogeneous paste. Add the remaining flour, spoon by spoon, until the dough comes away from the sides of your bowl. However, it must remain a little sticky.
- Flour a work surface and place your dough. Please put your hands in the flour and start kneading it: pull it towards you, push it back, and then fold it. Start this operation again a dozen times. In the end, your dough should be very elastic.
- Form a ball and place it in an oiled bowl, cover it with cling film and let it stand and swell for three hours in a hot atmosphere.
- Shape 4 balls in your dough. Cover them with cling film and leave them to rest for another 20 to 30 minutes.
- Then spread your balls with your hands, pulling on the edges and turning your dough on the work surface simultaneously, like a real pizza maker.
- Arrange your filling—Cook in a hot oven at 220°Cfor about fifteen minutes.
For topping ideas, dig into the super recipes of Alexia Duchêne. She is also a pizza expert!